Real Talk, Episode 2: Glass Battles x #RealTalkwithJFC
Today is a special day. Because today we have our first audience-submitted episode of Real Talk, the show that celebrates you for being, not doing. Hooray!
On today's show (ha!), we have Sean Augustine of Los Angeles-based spook pop band Glass Battles.
Sean was one of my originals homies in L.A., the city I called home right after graduating college. So, effectively, he was witness to my first forays into real adulthood (or what twenty-somethings like to think is adulthood, but really is just a strong life stage of getting into some trouble, making highly questionable decisions and trying not to get fired in the process). Sorry, Sean. Slash thank you and you're welcome.
To say all of this is to say, I've know Sean for a minute. I've watched and admired him be him as he evolved, as one does in life, cheering him on at every step.
He'll make you laugh. He'll stretch your imagination. And he's very huggable. I'm a better person for having him in my life. Now, you get to have a bit of Sean in yours.
Without further ado... Sean of Glass Battles, everybody.
And as a refresher, here are the Real Talk questions he's answering:
- Who or what has made you who you are?
- What lasting effect do you want to have on this world?
- When was the last time you cried?
- If you have a moment of reckless honest, what would it be?
- Describe your life as a movie. (Give us the 30-second elevator pitch).
- How do you want to be remembered?
- If you didn’t have to worry about money, how would you spend your time?
- List 3 words that describe who you are NOW and 3 words that describe who you WANT to be.
- When was the last time you felt the 3 words you WANT to be?
- AND ask ME a question, too, at the end!