What We're Skimm-ing, Reading, Reviewing and Pocket-ing This Week
In case you were wondering...
- Ok, for starters, DID YOU SEE THIS?!!
- Also, if you haven't signed up for Lenny Letter, you should. It's the opposite of The Skimm (that is, it's incredibly long), but just as yummy. Thanks, Lena and Jenni.
- To say we've been obsessed with the business of blogging lately would be an understatement. As such, we've turned to many a female millennial infopreneur and blogger successes for their expertise. Current tabs open on our laptop include: The 3 Keys To Creating a Successful Info Product and How To Self-Publish Your Own Books As a Business Model by the fabulous Regina Anaejionu over at ByRegina.com. We also keep coming back to Erika over at Olyvia.co who has some gems such as The 3 Best Tips For Growing Your Blog Traffic. And then there's Kayla Hollatz whose recent What I Learned From My Mini Hiatus came in real handy as she reevaluated what new direction to take her blog.
- ...Which we guess is kinda what Gigi Hadid was trying to say when she explained her definition of #squadgoals and why it's a lady-positive thing.
- In a related note, our productivity has SKYROCKETED thanks to a one Chris Winfield and his free ebook on how to get more than you ever thought possible done in 16.7 hours a week. Yes. Fah ruhl.
- We also just stumbled upon Jay Acunzo's hilarious and brilliantly unconventional site on marketing and how not to do it like everyone else. Think Building an Audience Is Like Pushing a Boulder (Which Requires One Thing Above All Else), which can be applied to basically any challenge in life. Plus, illustrations!
- Over in the self-improvement department, we have our eye on Kimanzi Constable's How To Fall Back In Love With Yourself (And Why It’s Important!) over at MindBodyGreen.com. We are particularly on board with steps 1 (Quit a job that doesn’t fulfill you. (Check.)) and 3 (Get honest about ending or moving forward in your relationship. (Yassss.)). 5 is a must also.
- Our gorgeous and inspiring friend, Nikki Novo, will be walking us through how to survive the slump that happens when the honeymoon phase of life happens, in a relationship, with our dreams, with our brilliant ideas. Check out How To Remain Focused On Your Dreams, and lather, rinse, repeat.
- And, of course, the latest from Mark Manson of The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck fame, Romance Is Like Alcohol. Drink up.